I learned a lot this long weekend diving back into GameSparks to get networked multiplayer working for our game. This was a goal we setup early in development, but failed to get working right off the bat. But now I stand triumphant!
There were many obstacles to learning the setup for this system. Managing real time match instances, packet op codes, player registration and login, and player inventory management. In the end, I was able to setup 4 player matches and get a strong foundation for further networked development going forward.
As for the whole team, because of the break, we’ve been a bit everywhere. I don’t think we got as much done as we could have, but with no other long breaks until midmortem, I think it’s a great chance for all the members to stock up on mental rest.